Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Bulbophyllum rothschildianum


Bulbophyllum rothschildianum

Bulbophyllum rothschildianum occurs in the Southern Yunanan Province of China, Northeastern India and Assam.  I have this growing under 75% shade cloth growing in a shallow pan in medium bark topped with a layer of sphagnum moss.  I let it just dry out between waterings and this particular species flowers between Spring and Autumn.  It is available to temperatures between 0°C - 40°C.


This plant puts on an incredible display when grown into a large specimen plant.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a great and healthy bulbophyllum...I'd like to grow one but unfortunately hard to find one here..BTW I'm an orchid fan to and I've a couple orchid that actually a legacy from my dad :-)..Glad to see another orchid fan

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'd love it if you'd make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think and all comments are read, and replied to, to the best of my ability at the time.

Happy Gardening :)