Friday, November 23, 2012

Orchids In Flower

Hey All,
I'm sitting in the Brisbane Domestic Airport and I must say, I'm most impressed with the speed of the free internet... it's the same speed if not quicker than at home.

While I'm waiting for my plane (yeah, you guessed it... DELAYED), i thought I'd show you all some photos of what's in flower at the moment.

Sorry about the quality or focus of some of the photos, I only had time this week to do some happy snaps with the iPhone.

Maxillaria tenuifolia

Phalaenopsis Tying Shin Cupid x Phalaenopsis Carribean Sunset

Staurochilus fasciatus
These are photos of my Restrepia elegans.  I had to use the macro lens because these flowers are tiny, but I LOVE THEM!





Oncidium sphacelatum

Promenaea ovatiloba x xanthina

Dendrobium unknown

Ascocenda miniatum

Phragmipedium Noirmont (given to me recently by a friend, aren't the flowers amazing?)

And I thought this was cool, it's only of the leaves on my Nepenthes Alata Lantern


Well, I'd better start getting ready to board... we should be boarding in 10 minutes (originally we should of been in the air in 10 minutes).

EEEEK now I'm starting to get excited.  Melbourne Here I Come!

Happy Gardening,
Michael

2 comments:

  1. The iPhone does a pretty decent job with pictures, half the time I find it does a better job of capturing the actual color of things than my digital camera does. I love the Promenaea, haven't seen a yellow one yet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I'd love it if you'd make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think and all comments are read, and replied to, to the best of my ability at the time.

Happy Gardening :)