Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To all you rose lovers out there, I need your HELP!


Hey Everyone,

for those of you who had been to our house a few years ago, or those of you that I speak gardening to a fair bit you're likely to either have been given one of these roses, or hear about how much I miss this rose and would LOVE to get another one of the same kind.  We had this rose for several years and each year without fail it put on a hell of a show, always providing plenty of flowers to share with family, friends and visitors alike.  honestly, you couldn't come to our house without me giving you one purely because they looked and smelt absolutely DEVINE.

I would really love it if anyone could give me any tips, hints of possibilities as to what this rose may be.

It was a climbing rose and as you can see in some of the photos the flower had white outer petals, with a dark pink centre, the flowers would then fade as they aged and the petals would more loosely held as they aged as well.

The whole plant


a newly opened bloom

a flower at about half way

an old flower



If someone could PLEASE give me so much as I hint I would be eternally grateful as this plant was one of a couple that truly got me inspired to get into gardening, plus I think it would bring a smile to mums face as this wa one of her favourite plants in the whole yard.


Happy Gardening

Michael


P.S. sorry for the lack of posts the past couple of days, i've been really busy and was too tired to post but I promise I will keep up the postings


P.P.S. The photos are of poor quality because they were taken 5 years ago with a relatively ok camera



EDIT: OH HAPPY DAYS, HAPPY DAYS, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!

My blog is linked up to my Facebook account so whenever i make a new post a little linky thing pops up on my facebook accounts and I am friends with one of my friend's mums and that WONDERFUL woman has informed me that the rose pictured above is none other than Rosa 'Pierre De Ronsard' which is her favourite rose, and no sooner was this said, then was a request to my favourite nursery done for this absolute beauty.  I'll let you all know how i go getting one.... I'M SO HAPPY!  here is a link to the Gardening Australia Fact Sheet about it: http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s850730.htm 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your rose has been identified! It is a beautiful rose! I loved how this rose inspired you to get into gardening. What a sweet thing to do for your mother. I know she will be so happy when her new rose starts blooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it turns out that it was a house warming present from my uncle so its an added piece of niceties

      Delete

Hi, I'd love it if you'd make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think and all comments are read, and replied to, to the best of my ability at the time.

Happy Gardening :)