Thursday, September 20, 2012

Had to Say Goodbye to an Old Friend Today

Hey Everyone,


You probably won't hear much from me for the next couple of days... My dog, and best friend of the past 13 years, who has been there for as long as I can remember died this morning.  He has had several cases with getting Paralysis Ticks, but this time he got one too many.  The dogs have been on tablets which should have killed the ticks however new research has shown that there are several different types of paralysis ticks, they found this because in the Canungra Valley near Brisbane they found that there were paralysis ticks with 2 different types of DNA and the tablets obviously don't work on the second kind of DNA.  Therefore sadly, after 13 years of being my best friend Monty, our salt and pepper Miniature Schnauzer had to be put to sleep.  He must have gotten the tick around Monday or Tuesday, but yesterday around lunchtime i noticed his breathing was wheezy, so looked for a tick, after shaving him i found one near his mouth, fully engorged.  then last night he got worse, as they do for the first 24 hours, and he had trouble standing, then this morning he couldn't stand at all and was shaking and really bad.  So mum took him to the vet who put him out of his pain immediately.... all i can say is that i balled my eyes out all the way to school, sobbed through both of my Geography exams, then cried on the way home.  we stopped off on the way home to buy some comfort food (half a Caramel Cheesecake and half a Boston Mudcake) and then did some retail therapy, so now my mum has an iPad, and i have a $400 pair of Bose speakers... but at the drop of the hat i know what i would prefer to have... my first, and best friend...

Michael


17 comments:

  1. I was so sorry to hear your very sad news Michael .... Sending big hugs to you all xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thoughts are with you and I know your pain - lost mine 1 year ago now - still miss her. Not much more to say, will definitely be thinking of you over the next few days! LT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Nothing that I can say will take away the pain, just know that so many people are with you and sending you warm thoughts to help you through this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's been nice knowing there are bloggers like you out there

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear that Michael, it's hard when your pet passes away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets seem to open up a door in our hearts that nobody else can. I send you warm thoughts of comfort during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michael, hope you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the thoughts Karen. I'm starting to feel a bit better but it's still weird not having him in the garden.

      Delete
  7. Michael, I just read your post. It's so sad to lose a mate like Monty. I bet he had the best life a dog could wish for with you and your family though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Michael. I'm crying with you right now. I know how hard it is to lose a best friend, and I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sending you a big hug right now from California {{{Michael}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brigitte, it was hard, but i still have to more here to keep me busy, thanks for the hug, i do love a good cyber-hug

      Delete

Hi, I'd love it if you'd make a comment. I enjoy hearing what you think and all comments are read, and replied to, to the best of my ability at the time.

Happy Gardening :)